Monday, February 2, 2009

Brighid's Cross

I want to post some craft or recipe in honor of Imbolc today. Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas for anything I actually know how to do. So, I am reduced to posting a link to another site, which tells how to make Brighid's Cross. I'd write out how to do it myself, except that I haven't done it before, so I wouldn't know where to start.

If you're wondering what the heck Imbolc is I'd recommend clicking on the link I've provided about it, but here it is in a nutshell: it's an old Pagan holiday celebrating the season of rebirth - things are starting to grow again! The deity it focuses on is Brighid...who happens to also be a Christian saint! So, Brighid's Cross is an activity for Christians as well as Pagans. Cool or what? :)

Next time I'll provide something I actually know how to do. Honest. 

1 comment: